Who Should Apply
Non-MIT undergraduates who meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Full-time undergraduate students at a US university or college*
- Current sophomores, juniors or non-graduating seniors
- Have successfully completed introductory courses in the life sciences
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.5 in all STEM courses (science and math)
- Demonstrated interest in basic research and in a career in the sciences
- Available to begin on the first day of program, no exceptions (students on the quarterly system are not eligible)
*Students studying abroad for more than one semester are not eligible. International students are not eligible unless they are enrolled full-time at a minority-serving institution in the United States. To see if your institution is minority-serving, please click here.
June 2 – August 9, 2019
- Practical training in one of over 90 research laboratories affiliated with the Department of Biology, the Department of Brain & Cognitive Sciences, or the Center for Brains, Minds, and Machines.
- Weekly academic seminars
- Weekly meetings with faculty
- Extracurricular activities
- Includes housing, a domestic travel stipend, weekly living stipend