Academic and research resources
- Review your degree requirements
- Explore subject offerings
- Learn more about current department research
- View our list of external fellowships and scholarships
- Support for students changing labs
The Graduate Manual contains:
- Resources for first-year students
- Resources for enrolled MD/PhD students
- Information about rotations
- Preliminary exam guidelines
- Thesis Committee meeting information
- Individual Development Plan information
- Guidelines for graduating
- Graduate Committee information
- Important forms
After completing your doctoral studies, you will be fully prepared for a variety of career options. Many of our students pursue careers in academia or industry. Others choose a research-related or non-research career, reflecting the broad role of biology in the world.
- REFs guide for students to find help at MIT (see also Get Help)
- Community Wellness Resources and programs for the entire MIT community to support healthy choices
- Office of Graduate Education – Building 3, Room 138 | email@example.com | 617-253-4860
- MIT Medical – Resources for physical and mental health
- Student Disability Services
We encourage you to check the department calendar (login required) to find out more about upcoming events and programming.
The Biology Graduate Student Council presents the interests of Biology graduate students to the department, faculty, and MIT at large.
The BioPals Program matches incoming first-year graduate students with more senior students (“Pals”).
BioREFS (Resource for Easing Friction and Stress) provide MIT’s Biology community with an independent resource to support, encourage, diffuse, and mediate during times of stress.
The MIT Biotech Group provides educational and career development events and resources for students interested in the biotechnology industry.
The Biology Diversity Community (BDC) is a cross-disciplinary, student-driven group that fosters peer support for underrepresented students that unites a network of individuals throughout the biology community.