When they complete their training, most MIT Biology postdocs advance to tenure-track positions at universities and institutions and to research positions in industry.
General Career development guidance and job listings
- MIT Career Advising and Professional Development (CAPD) – Offers career advising appointments, workshops, and more
- BioSpace – Career development resources and job listings
- MIT Biotechnology Group – Offers ongoing seminar and other events for those interested in biotechnology careers. Read about our students who are applying their skills in basic science to explore careers in industry.
- Harvard Biotechnology Business Club – Offers career development events in Cambridge
- National Academy Press – 1998 summary of findings of a committee of the National Academy, chaired by Dr. Shirley Tilghman
- Sciences Careers – Science Magazine’s job listing site run by the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- Science Magazine – Career development tools and job listings
- Mass Biotechnology Council – Internship and job listings for New England and beyond
Guidance on Academic Careers
- New: Workshops for MIT Biology Postdocs Entering the Academic Job Market.
- MIT CAPD: Academic Job Search
- Cornell University Guidance on Research Statements
- UCSF Career and Professional Development: Preparing for Faculty Positions
- NIH Career Office: Exploring Academic Careers
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center Edge for Scholars