- PhD, 2012, Chemical Biology, Harvard University
- BS, 2006, Life Sciences, Peking University
Research SummaryWe are curious about how circuits of interacting genes in individual cells enable multicellular functions, such as self-organizing into structured tissues. To address this question, we analyze genetic circuits in natural systems, combining quantitative measurements and mathematical modeling. In parallel, we test the sufficiency of the circuits and understand their design principles by multi-scale reconstitution, from genes to circuits to multicellular behavior, using synthetic biology and bioengineering tools. Together, we aim to provide both a quantitative understanding of embryonic development and new ways to engineer tissues.
- R.R. Bensley Award in Cell Biology, American Association for Anatomy, 2021
- Santa Cruz Developmental Biology Young Investigator Award, 2016
- NIH Pathway to Independence Award K99/R00 (NICHD), 2016
- American Cancer Society Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2015
- Correction to: Nivolumab monotherapy or combination therapy with ipilimumab for lung cancer: a systemic review and meta-analysis. Jiang, H, Xu, A, Xia, W, Xia, X, Li, P, Zhang, B, Zhu, K, Zhou, S, Wang, R. 2021. Cancer Cell Int 21, 520.
- Effect of Methylation Status of lncRNA-MALAT1 and MicroRNA-146a on Pulmonary Function and Expression Level of COX2 in Patients With Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Sun, L, Xu, A, Li, M, Xia, X, Li, P, Han, R, Fei, G, Zhou, S, Wang, R. 2021. Front Cell Dev Biol 9, 667624.
- Integrated analysis of the molecular mechanisms in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Zhu, K, Xu, A, Xia, W, Li, P, Han, R, Wang, E, Zhou, S, Wang, R. 2021. Int J Med Sci 18, 3412-3424.
- Nivolumab monotherapy or combination therapy with ipilimumab for lung cancer: a systemic review and meta-analysis. Jiang, H, Xu, A, Xia, W, Xia, X, Li, P, Zhang, B, Zhu, K, Zhou, S, Wang, R. 2021. Cancer Cell Int 21, 426.
- Association Between NAT2 Polymorphism and Lung Cancer Risk: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Zhu, K, Xu, A, Xia, W, Li, P, Zhang, B, Jiang, H, Zhou, S, Wang, R. 2021. Front Oncol 11, 567762.
- Reconstitution of Morphogen Signaling Gradients in Cultured Cells. Kim, JS, Pineda, M, Li, P. 2021. Methods Mol Biol 2258, 43-56.
- Synthetic Developmental Biology: Understanding Through Reconstitution. Schlissel, G, Li, P. 2020. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 36, 339-357.
- Communication codes in developmental signaling pathways. Li, P, Elowitz, MB. 2019. Development 146, .
- Specific oxylipins enhance vertebrate hematopoiesis via the receptor GPR132. Lahvic, JL, Ammerman, M, Li, P, Blair, MC, Stillman, ER, Fast, EM, Robertson, AL, Christodoulou, C, Perlin, JR, Yang, S et al.. 2018. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 115, 9252-9257.
- Morphogen gradient reconstitution reveals Hedgehog pathway design principles. Li, P, Markson, JS, Wang, S, Chen, S, Vachharajani, V, Elowitz, MB. 2018. Science 360, 543-548.