- PhD, 1991, Stanford University
- BSc, 1982, Biology and Biochemistry, Hebrew University, Israel
Research SummaryThe property of the brain that allows it to constantly adapt to change is termed plasticity, and is a prominent feature not only of learning and memory in the adult, but also of brain development. Connections between neurons (synapses) that are frequently used become stronger, while those that are unstimulated gradually dwindle away. The Nedivi lab works to identify the cellular mechanisms that underlie the addition and elimination of synaptic connections in response to activity using genetic and in vivo imaging approaches.
- Elected Member at Large, AAAS, 2019-2023
- Elected Member, Dana Alliance, 2019
- BCS Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching, 2018
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), Fellow, 2016
- AFAR Julie Martin Mid-Career Award in Aging Research, 2007 – 2011
- Edgerly Innovation Fund Award, 2006
- Dean’s Education and Student Advising Award, 2003
- NSF Powre Award, 1999
- Alfred P . Sloan Research Fellowship, 1999 – 2001
- Ellison Medical Foundation New Scholar Award, 1997 – 2002
- Mapping thalamic innervation to individual L2/3 pyramidal neurons and modeling their 'readout' of visual input. Balcioglu, A, Gillani, R, Doron, M, Burnell, K, Ku, T, Erisir, A, Chung, K, Segev, I, Nedivi, E. 2023. Nat Neurosci 26, 470-480.
- Epitope-preserving magnified analysis of proteome (eMAP). Park, J, Khan, S, Yun, DH, Ku, T, Villa, KL, Lee, JE, Zhang, Q, Park, J, Feng, G, Nedivi, E et al.. 2021. Sci Adv 7, eabf6589.
- Neuron class-specific responses govern adaptive myelin remodeling in the neocortex. Yang, SM, Michel, K, Jokhi, V, Nedivi, E, Arlotta, P. 2020. Science 370, .
- Glutamate Receptors: Not Just for Excitation. Villa, KL, Nedivi, E. 2019. Neuron 104, 1025-1027.
- CPG15/Neuritin Mimics Experience in Selecting Excitatory Synapses for Stabilization by Facilitating PSD95 Recruitment. Subramanian, J, Michel, K, Benoit, M, Nedivi, E. 2019. Cell Rep 28, 1584-1595.e5.
- Genetic variants in the bipolar disorder risk locus SYNE1 that affect CPG2 expression and protein function. Rathje, M, Waxman, H, Benoit, M, Tammineni, P, Leu, C, Loebrich, S, Nedivi, E. 2021. Mol Psychiatry 26, 508-523.
- Interneuron Simplification and Loss of Structural Plasticity As Markers of Aging-Related Functional Decline. Eavri, R, Shepherd, J, Welsh, CA, Flanders, GH, Bear, MF, Nedivi, E. 2018. J Neurosci 38, 8421-8432.
- Functional implications of inhibitory synapse placement on signal processing in pyramidal neuron dendrites. Boivin, JR, Nedivi, E. 2018. Curr Opin Neurobiol 51, 16-22.
- Spine Dynamics: Are They All the Same? Berry, KP, Nedivi, E. 2017. Neuron 96, 43-55.
- Experience-Dependent Structural Plasticity in the Visual System. Berry, KP, Nedivi, E. 2016. Annu Rev Vis Sci 2, 17-35.