- MD, 1984, Harvard Medical School
- BS, 1978, Chemistry, Swarthmore College
Research SummaryWe seek to understand the genetic differences between males and females — both within and beyond the reproductive tract. We study the medical ramifications of these differences in a broad context, through comparative biological, evolutionary, developmental and clinically focused analyses. Our three main veins of research relate to sex differences in health and disease, sex chromosome genomics, and germ cell origins and development.
- American Academy of Arts and Sciences, Fellow, 2012
- March of Dimes, Developmental Biology, 2011
- National Academy of Medicine, Member, 2008
- National Academy of Sciences, Member, 2005
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute, HHMI Investigator, 1990
- MacArthur Foundation, MacArthur Fellowship, 1986
- Conservation, acquisition, and functional impact of sex-biased gene expression in mammals. Naqvi, S, Godfrey, AK, Hughes, JF, Goodheart, ML, Mitchell, RN, Page, DC. 2019. Science 365, .
- Intergenerational epigenetic inheritance of cancer susceptibility in mammals. Lesch, BJ, Tothova, Z, Morgan, EA, Liao, Z, Bronson, RT, Ebert, BL, Page, DC. 2019. Elife 8, .
- Locating and Characterizing a Transgene Integration Site by Nanopore Sequencing. Nicholls, PK, Bellott, DW, Cho, TJ, Pyntikova, T, Page, DC. 2019. G3 (Bethesda) 9, 1481-1486.
- Amplification of a broad transcriptional program by a common factor triggers the meiotic cell cycle in mice. Kojima, ML, de Rooij, DG, Page, DC. 2019. Elife 8, .
- A strategic research alliance: Turner syndrome and sex differences. San Roman, AK, Page, DC. 2019. Am J Med Genet C Semin Med Genet 181, 59-67.
- Corrigendum to "Isolating mitotic and meiotic germ cells from male mice by developmental synchronization, staging, and sorting" [Dev. Biol. 443 (2018) 19-34]. Romer, KA, de Rooij, DG, Kojima, ML, Page, DC. 2019. Dev. Biol. 445, 113.
- Isolating mitotic and meiotic germ cells from male mice by developmental synchronization, staging, and sorting. Romer, KA, de Rooij, DG, Kojima, ML, Page, DC. 2018. Dev. Biol. 443, 19-34.
- Selection Has Countered High Mutability to Preserve the Ancestral Copy Number of Y Chromosome Amplicons in Diverse Human Lineages. Teitz, LS, Pyntikova, T, Skaletsky, H, Page, DC. 2018. Am. J. Hum. Genet. 103, 261-275.
- Cost-effective high-throughput single-haplotype iterative mapping and sequencing for complex genomic structures. Bellott, DW, Cho, TJ, Hughes, JF, Skaletsky, H, Page, DC. 2018. Nat Protoc 13, 787-809.
- Conserved microRNA targeting reveals preexisting gene dosage sensitivities that shaped amniote sex chromosome evolution. Naqvi, S, Bellott, DW, Lin, KS, Page, DC. 2018. Genome Res. 28, 474-483.